Friday, August 25, 2006

Future use of the Bishopbriggs High School site

Alistair Laing contacted me with his view on the future use of the Bishopbriggs High School site...

"My next concern is regarding the future use of the Bishopbriggs High School Campus and in particular with the new Sports Hall.

I have been invloved to a minor extent with local youth football for some time. All the clubs are always looking for a gymnasium during the winter months to use in the evening. I am sure there are other organisations that could utilise this facility.

There are a number of football pitches (although none in Bishopbriggs) that have been covered with third Generation Astro Turf. Contained within this pitch are three smaller pitches that run across the pitch. These are excellent and I am sure could be utilised for other purposes.

At least one of the pitches adjacent to the Gym could be similarly upgraded.

I have contacted the planning department and my Councillor to ascertain their intentions for this site. I am waiting for a reply and will let you know what the reply is when I get it."



Maybe they'll read this and reply, I know (IP address logging) that this site is visited often by the council!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Council papers suggest that the BHS site will be sold for 'Mixed Retail and residential' development. Perhaps Bishopbriggs will get a Marks and Spencer after all, however at what cost to the Community of Bishopbriggs and the wishes of Parents and residents.